6 Week Anatomy of Scoliosis Course
Wednesdays - April 5, 12, 19, 26; May 3, 10 | 1:30 - 3:00PM
- Understanding the simple anatomy of scoliosis with a personalized assessment of your spine.
- Learn how elongation and flexibility are key to efficiency and function.
- Perform individual modifications to familiar exercises
- Apply this knowledge to assist in all areas of your life for years to
Instructors: Julie Odermann, Exercise Physiologist and Shawn Marquis, PT
Sign up online using the workshops tab. Class is limited to 6 participants.
Course Price: $300
Two Days of Workshops with Karen Clippinger, MSPE
Saturday, September 23rd, 11:30am - 6:30pm
- Unwinding Scoliosis with Pilates (6 PMA CECs)
This workshop will present basic anatomy of scoliosis, as well as exercises with bands and the Pilates apparatus that utilize counter rotation, lateral flexion, and distraction of the spine to lessen asymmetries and discomfort often associated with scoliosis. Cueing for selected classical Pilates exercises will also be provided to help maximize benefits for your clients with asymmetries from scoliosis or other sources.
Sunday, September 24th, 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Low Back Pain and Pilates - Flexion Based Programs (3PMA CECs)
Low back pain is prevalent, and the same Pilates exercise can aid or aggravate different clients. This workshop will focus on understanding the common low back conditions of lumbosacral strain, spinal stenosis, and spondylolisthesis, as well as why spinal flexion can aid and spinal extension aggravate them. Participants will learn novel Pilates-based exercises and modifications for classical Pilates exercises designed to build necessary three dimensional core strength that emphasize flexion and neutral positions, while avoiding excessive spinal hypertension.
Sunday, September 24th, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Low Back Pain and Pilates - Exension Based Programs (3 PMA CECs)
This workshop will focus on understanding the common low back conditions of disc injury, flat back, and osteoporosis, as well as why spinal flexion can exacerbate these conditions. Participants will learn novel Pilates-based exercises and modifications for classical Pilates exercises designed to build necessary core strength to promote a healthy back that emphasize the use of extension and neutral positions, while avoiding excessive flexion.